The Cartographers are professional adventurers, capable of extraordinary feats of strength, stamina, wit, and willpower. This is represented through their reserve of Animus Emblems, which allow them five special abilities:
- One party member may spend one or more Animus Emblems to immediately add 1 Success per Emblem spent to their Final Result while making a Test. This Success is considered to have been dice that were part of the Dice Pool, and showed a 6 after being a rolled—for the purposes of determining a Critical Success and how many additional dice to roll.
- The party may spend one or more Animus Emblems to increase their team’s advantage in Battle by 2 per Emblem spent.
- The party may spend one Animus Emblem to force the ST to re-roll any one Dice Pool that he has just rolled. The ST then uses the new result.
- The party may “cash in” 6 Animus Emblems to receive 15 experience points.
**After each addition “cash in”, two additional XP will be earned.
- Activate a special ability gained by having a high Rank in certain Skills.
Animus Emblems are stored in a reserve that the party all shares and draws from equally. They are powerful, and should be used wisely, but there is no maximum or minimum to how many may be held in reserve at any one time. Animus Emblems may be earned in two ways:
- Truly exemplary roleplaying. This is very difficult to do, and requires the player to do a masterful job of playing in-character for an extended enough period of time as to impress the ST. This will earn the party at least one Animus Emblem, depending on the degree and length of the roleplaying in question.
- Making a contribution to the Wiki or Adventure Log that is at least two full paragraphs in length. This will earn the party one Animus Emblem, or two if the contribution is particularly long or impressive.
- Unlocking any of the Achievements.